Wallonie-Bruxelles Édition's mission is to promote French-speaking Belgian literature on a national and international scale. This showcase is directed at all professionals in the book world who wish to discover the editorial production of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation and all the players involved: publishers, literary agents, translators, authors, etc., both Belgian and foreign.
This wallonie-bruxelles-edition.org site presents:
- A directory of Belgian publishers.
- The agenda of national and international fairs and the ways in which Belgian publishers take part.
- The programme of prospecting and networking missions.
- Invitations to foreign partners to the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
- Catalogues and thematic studies.
The latest news from the Belgian book world.
- A newsletter you can subscribe to.
It also offers a platform of all the available rights of titles published in French-speaking Belgium. This platform, shaped as a database for publishers, authors and translators, creates relations between all the players in the publishing industry, both in Belgium and abroad.
In partnership with the PILEn, Interprofessional Partnership for Books and Digital Publishing.
You can also find other resources to learn more about the interprofession in the Wallonia-Brussels Federation:
- Lisez-vous le belge? the information platform dedicated to literature and French-speaking Belgian books, intended for professionals throughout the world.
- Objectif Plumes,the reference portal for Belgian French-speaking and regional language literature.
- Bela, an online library of French-speaking authors.
- Syndicat des Libraires francophones de Belgique, an association whose objective is to keep alive the independent bookshops network in French-speaking Belgium.
- Le Carnet et les Instants, the blog of the French-speaking Belgian literature, aimed at the general public in Belgium and abroad.
This site presents only book publishers. For magazines, please refer to the Revues.be website.