Wallonie-Bruxelles Edition aims to enhance the national as well as international standing and influence of French-speaking Belgian literature. This showcase is intended for every player of the book industry who wants to discover our production: Belgian or foreign, publishers or literary agents, translators and authors, booksellers and librarians…
The wallonie-bruxelles-edition.org website presents:
- A directory of Belgian publishers.
- An agenda of international fairs and how the Belgian publishers will take part in them.
- The programme of prospecting and networking missions.
- The invitations of foreign partners to Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
- Some catalogues and thematic studies.
- The latest news of the Belgian book industry and a newsletter.
Very soon, the website will also offer a platform displaying all the available rights for works published in French-speaking Belgium. It will present itself as a database for publishers, authors and translators that will create a link between every player of the publishing chain, in Belgium as well as abroad.
The project Wallonie-Bruxelles Edition is an initiative of the ADEB - Association of Belgian Publishers and Les éditeurs singuliers, funded by WBI – Wallonia-Brussels International and by the Ministry of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
In partnership with the PILEn, Interprofessional Partnership for Books and Digital Publishing.
Other resources to learn more about the Wallonia-Brussels Federation interprofession :
- Objectif Plumes, the reference portal for French-speaking and regional-language Belgian literature.
- Bela, online library of French-speaking authors.
- Syndicat des Libraires francophones de Belgique, an association whose aim is to keep the network of independent bookshops in French-speaking Belgium alive.
- Lettres numériques, a news blog to enable the actors of the book chain and readers to evolve in the digital world.
This website in entirely dedicated to book publishers. For magazine publishers, visit the website Revues.be.